Magic Lantern Shows
The Magic Lantern Show – Lancaster County’s most unique show!
The Amish Experience Theater continues to host The Magic Lantern Show for the only full-time Magic Lantern Theater in the world!
Before there were movies, there was the Magic Lantern. Using a combination of live performance, hand-painted glass slides from the mid-1800’s, comedy, music and special effects, these shows should not be missed.
Your showman, “Professor Phineas T. Firefly” weaves magical narration with the stunning images from the past. Called an “Old Fashioned Entertainment with a Modern Flair” you’ll find yourself entranced with the performance.
The Magic Lantern Show offers four shows to choose from.
- This is My Country: A patriotic show runs in June and July.
- The Underground Railroad: This show runs in July and August.
- The Theater of Fear: A Halloween show running in October.
- A Christmas Journey: A Victorian Christmas show running in November and December.
For specific show dates and discounted tickets please visit Magic Lantern Shows or call 717-768-8400 ext. 210.
- Add-ons, enhancements
- If your schedule permits …
- Smokehouse BBQ and Brews
- The Country Store
at Plain & Fancy
- Visit In Person
- Amish Experience Theater
- Amish Farmland Tours
- Amish Homestead
& One-Room School
- Magic Lantern Shows
- Buggy Rides
- Quilt Shop at Miller’s
- Miller’s Smorgasbord
- Locally Made Food Shop
- BICYCLE TOURS & RENTALS
- The AmishView Gardens